[Expat-discuss] UNICODE utf-16 and weird characters

Franky Braem franky.braem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:30:41 CEST 2006

I've build expat 2.0 with UNICODE. This uses internally UTF-16 and wchar_t.

When I use the parser, it sees all the tags, but the strings it reports
contain weird (Chinese) characters. This is an example code:

void ModulesXMLParser::StartElementHandler(void *userData,
                                          const XML_Char *name,
                                          const XML_Char **atts)
{
   wxString xmlName(name);
}

Why do I see those Chinese characters (although my xml file contains
simple characters)?