[Expat-discuss] Re: Expat.dll red-flagged by Spy Sweeper.

Erik Hermansen erikh2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 20:43:34 CEST 2004

If you have software which uses libexpat.dll (Win32), would you consider
sending a complaint e-mail to Webroot, makers of Spy Sweeper software.  I
have asked them twice in the last month to update their definitions files
such that libexpat.dll is NOT red-flagged as spyware.  This seems to be a
common mistake, and I've already convinced two other companies to fix this
problem by changing their software, but Webroot isn't doing anything at
this point.  Below is a copy of the letter I sent to Webroot, if you wish
to use it to write your own complaint.  It is important that companies like
webroot take responsibility for the problems they cause to software
developers.  E-mail to info at webroot.com and support at webroot.com.

---