[Expat-discuss] Is Expat "alignment-safe"?

Jan-Arve Saeter jana@birdstep.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 02:49:51 +0100

Hi there,
not sure if this is the right place to post this but here we go...

I am trying to port expat to PocketPC (iPAQ, ARM).
For my Debug builds expat works perfectly well, but in
release Builds I get a protection fault which indicates
that expat is reading data from an unaligned memory address.
Most likely expat is working ok (since it is working in debug
mode for me), but I would be happy if anyone can confirm or
Dis-confirm me on this.

(I don't wanna waste too much time on debugging a release-version
 of expat, debugging expat *with* source code is hard enough with
 all those macros :-)

Thanks,
Jan- Arve Sæther